recommendations for a web CMS (content management system)?

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Wed Oct 15 10:52:32 EDT 2008

Joe Strout wrote:

> We need to set up a content management system that allows nontechnical
> users to manage the content of their web site.  Rather than starting
> from scratch, I'd prefer to start with an existing CMS that we can
> extend as needed.  So, I'd prefer something with nice clean, easy-to-
> follow code over something that includes everything but the kitchen
> sink.

I can recommend ZMS (zms-publishing.com). While being ZOPE-based, it's
custom content object system (fully web-interface-driven design for these,
plus DTML) hasn't left me with the desire to code anything apart from a few
Extension-methods where ZOPE's restricted environment forced me to.

And it is very feature-complete.

Diez