PyGUI - Couple of questions - TextField callbacks and drop down list....

Hugh hugh at hughmacdonald.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 05:16:24 EDT 2008

On Oct 21, 2:46 am, greg <g... at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> Hugh wrote:
> > TextField callbacks... I want to be able to generate a callback when a
> > textfield is modified. It doesn't appear to have an "action" member...
>
> I haven't got around to adding any actions to text fields
> yet.
>
> In the meantime, you could put a key_down method on the
> containing window that catches the Return or Enter key.

Thanks - I think, for now, I'll probably just go with popping up an
Alert when the main window's "Launch" button is pressed... I'm a
little time-constrained on this project, but I'll maybe look into
getting it working more like I'm after at a later date...

> > Drop-down lists...
>
> That's another thing for the future. If you're feeling
> adventurous, you could have a go at rolling your own based
> on a View.

Again, time constraints mean that I'll probably stick with the radio
buttons that I've got at the moment - they work quite well in this
situation - my query here was more of a general thing.

> Anyway, glad you're finding it useful. Feel free to ask if
> you have any more questions.

Thanks. Will definitely do this. It didn't take me very long at all to
transition over this GUI from pyfltk to PyGUI, which is definitely a
good sign...!

Hugh