Converting a time string to a more readable date, time

Mon Oct 27 18:45:31 EDT 2008

Thierry Lam wrote:
> I have a python time string which has the following value:
> 1225137896
> The above corresponds to 2008/10/27 16:04:56
> What can I use to convert 1225137896 to a more readable date, time
> format?

(1) Read Smart Questions [you could at least have told us where this
     number came from.]
(2) give system name and version and python version info.
And finally (hoping it doesn't reward you too much for skipping steps):
   Look in the time module documents for localtime, gmtime, and strftime.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org