RELEASED Python 2.6 final

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Oct 2 21:19:52 EDT 2008

nneonneo wrote:
> Hmm, I was looking forward to trying this out, but the Windows
> installer link (http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.6/python-2.6.msi)
> is presently broken (as is the link for the 64-bit Windows version).
>
> While I'm at it, I might also point out that http://www.python.org/download/windows/
> is quite out-of-date. I don't really think it is worth promoting
> version 1.5.2 of Python (even if it is Python CE) if Python 3.0 is
> about to come out...
> --

 From another page:
"If you wish to report a bug or to suggest an enhancement for the
python.org website, please send an e-mail message to <webmaster at
python dot org>.

If you're reporting a problem (a broken link, typo, formatting glitch),
please include the URL of the affected page. You can copy-and-paste the
URL from the location field of your browser. "

That said, the page begins with
"For many years, Python releases have included an excellent Windows
installer. See the individual releases for details."
whereas the rest is historical info for various platforms.
If 1.5.2 is the latest available for NT on Dec Alpha, why would you want
to erase the info?  If the page is up-to-date, this tell anyone with
such a machine to not bother looking for anything newer.

If you are aware of anything out of date in the sense of having been
superceded, do write the webmaster.

tjr