IDE Question

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 17:07:19 EDT 2008

On Oct 15, 12:29 pm, "Chris Rebert" <c... at rebertia.com> wrote:
> You can find a list and several reviews onhttp://wiki.python.org/moin/IntegratedDevelopmentEnvironments
> I think Wing IDE (http://www.wingware.com/products) is generally
> thought to be the most sophisticated one; but it's neither open-source
> nor gratis (they do let noncommerical open-source devs get a free copy
> though).>From what I've heard anecdotally, most Pythonistas don't use IDEs,
>
> instead opting for just a text editor (often vim or emacs). So the
> answer to your question is probably "None".
>
> Cheers,
> Chris

Wing is pretty cool. It can do most code completion unless the code
your using obfuscates its code in a weird way and it lists arguments
and help text on the right dynamically. There's tons of tweaks,
support is great, you can write plug-ins to add your own features and
the pro version includes the source (with some provisions).

Mike