urllib accept-language doesn't have any effect

Martin Bachwerk martin.bachwerk at rwth-aachen.de
Wed Oct 15 10:41:17 EDT 2008

Hi,

yes, well my browser settings are set to display sites in following
languages "en-gb" then "en".

As a matter of fact, Google does indeed show me the German site first,
before I click on "go to google.com" and it probably stores a cookie to
remember that.

But a site like gizmodo.com forwards me directly to the English site
(even though they have a German version available). But the Python call
returns the German version. How does that make sense?

Cheers,
Martin