What happened to python-dev's Google Group?

Graham Dumpleton Graham.Dumpleton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 23:13:26 EDT 2008

On Oct 24, 12:58 pm, Robert Kern <robert.k... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Giampaolo Rodola' wrote:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/python-dev2
> > It seems it no longer exists. What happened?
>
> I don't know, but something happened to the numpy-discussion Google Group
> gateway, too. Maybe there was a mass culling of such gateways that weren't being
> maintained, or something like that.

Not this again.

This happened back in August, with a whole range of groups seemingly
vanishing, including the group for web.py. They came back eventually,
but of course Google doesn't say anything about what happened.

  http://groups.google.com/group/Is-Something-Broken/browse_frm/thread/bfe5e1d3c9ac958a

A more recent thread complaining about most recent disappearances is
at:

  http://groups.google.com/group/Is-Something-Broken/browse_frm/thread/119ef1b00796f058#

Graham