rope python-emacs problem

nullius.filius at gmail.com nullius.filius at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 21:56:10 EDT 2008

On Oct 15, 7:19 pm, "Rustom Mody" <rustompm... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ive been trying to useropefor python in emacs and I get
> a backtrace which starts with
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'samefile'
>
> Any ideas?

I searched for a variable 'samefile' in ropemacs and its
associated packages.  I couldn't find one. That is not
to say there wasn't one because ropemacs is in flux more
than most packages with frequent rewrites.

May I can suggest to start again and use the most recent
packages- Pymacs-0.24beta1, rope-0.9, and ropemacs-0.6.
I installed these about a week ago when I installed
Python 2.6, and it was painless (Windows OS and Emacs 22).