IDE Question

Steve Phillips steve077 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 14:44:38 EDT 2008

Thanks for all of your responses.  I did forget to mention that I do use
Notepad++ for just about everything.  My larger scripts I use that and just
say the hell with the auto-complete and the call-tips.  I lived on that wiki
page and actually still do waiting to see if something new was going to be
added.

It is safe to say that "my" definition of the perfect IDE would be one that
has reliable call-tips and auto-completions.  I have been doing Python for
about 2-2.5 years now.  Prior to using IDLE for modules that I am unfamiliar
with I have always used NP++.

Before Python was my primary language, it was straight VB, VBA, VBScript,
etc... That should give you some insight to where I am coming from.

Steve P