Porting VB apps to Python for Window / Linux use

david.lyon at preisshare.net david.lyon at preisshare.net
Sun Oct 19 19:31:30 EDT 2008

Quoting bearophileHUGS at lycos.com:

> Stef Mientki:
>> it's just Object Pascal , which is inferior to Python.
>
> They are quite different languages, you can't compare them in a simple
> way.
> Delphi is kinda old, so today there are better languages than Delphi
> (like D), but when Delphi 2-3 was out, there weren't many other
> languages with IDEs at its level, especially for programs with a nice
> GUIs plus interfaces with DBMSs.

I have programmed Delphi for years.. and was pretty much forced to
move to python for different reasons.

I would go along best with the description of delphi being "old". It
was great in its time... and had many advancements over others. Still
has some things that I would dearly love in python... like "skinned"
gui applications.

As for porting... don't.

Just rewrite them....

Shouldn't be so hard...