Need some advice

Larry Bates larry.bates at vitalEsafe.com
Thu Oct 23 01:15:46 EDT 2008

azrael wrote:
> I mean shttp. (secure hyper text transfer protocol)
>

> On Oct 22, 9:48 am, Bruno Desthuilliers <bruno.
> 42.desthuilli... at websiteburo.invalid> wrote:
>> azrael a écrit :
>>
>>> There have been some discutions with my partner about which protocol
>>> to use. We agreed to use also http. But we are looking for a
>>> possibility to use something to trasfer python objects like Json
>>> objects.
>> 'like' ???
>>
>> there are a couple json implementation for Python, and for PHP too IIRC.
>>
>>> If my memory is me well http transfers data in plaintext.
>>> Because of
>>> the risk of datacapturing, is there a better soulutioon to suggest to
>>> be more secure like shttp
>> I suppose you mean https...
>>
>>> if it is implemented in python
>> http://www.python.org/doc/2.5.2/lib/https-handler-objects.html

Bruno is correct, the protocol IS https, you don't type shttp into your browser
get secure http connection.

You don't transfer python objects with JSON, you can transfer data that was
stored in Python objects via converting them to JSON (e.g. most JSON resembles a
Python dictionary, but it is a text representation).  PHP couldn't do anything
with a Python object.

You may want to pick up a copy of "RESTful Web Services", from O'Reilly.  It is
an excellent starting place for you.

-Larry