loops

robert no-spam at no-spam.invalid
Sat Oct 18 07:24:09 EDT 2008

Gandalf wrote:
> On Oct 18, 12:39 pm, Duncan Booth <duncan.bo... at invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>> Gandalf <goldn... at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> how can I do width python a normal for loop width tree conditions like
>>> for example :
>>> for x=1;x<=100;x+x:
>>>     print x
>> What you wrote would appear to be an infinite loop so I'll assume you meant
>> to assign something to x each time round the loop as well. The simple
>> Python translation of what I think you meant would be:
>>
>> x = 1
>> while x <= 100:
>>    print x
>>    x += x

..

> I was hopping to describe it with only one command. most of the
> languages I know use this.
> It seems weird to me their is no such thing in python. it's not that I
> can't fined a solution it's all about saving code

You'd not save code, but only lines (and clearness). You'd also
need more (non-space) characters

Python saves confusion and arbitrariness => you'll usually code
faster, because you don't think so much about voluptuous
multimulti..possibilites, not worth the play: one-ness of mind

If insistent, you could sometimes save lines like this ;-)

x=1
while x<=100:  print x; x+=x

Robert