2.6, 3.0, and truly independent intepreters

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Oct 22 15:55:58 EDT 2008

> I would *love* for our company to be 10 times larger and be able to
> add another zero to what we'd be able to hire/offer the python dev
> community for work that we're looking for, but we unfortunately have
> limits at the moment.

There is another thing about open source that you need to consider:
you don't have to do it all on your own.

It needs somebody to take the lead, start a project, define a plan,
and small steps to approach it. If it's really something that the
community desperately needs, and if you make it clear that you will
just lead, but get nowhere without contributions, then the
contributions will come in.

If there won't be any contributions, then the itch in the the
community isn't that strong that it needs scratching.

Regards,
Martin