urllib equivalent for HTTP requests

lkcl luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 13 04:53:25 EDT 2008

On Oct 8, 7:34 am, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de... at nospam.web.de> wrote:

> > I would like to keep track of that but I realize that py does not have
> > a JS engine. :( Anyone with ideas on how to track these items or

 yep.

> What you can't do though is to get the requests that are issued byJavascriptthat is *running*.

 yes you can.  see recent post i made just a few minutes ago giving
some insights into each of the available options.

look up pyv8; pykhtml; spidermonkey; webkit with the python bindings
to its glib bindings - pywebkitgtk - use my patched version and see
http://pyjd.sf.net to get precompiled versions; pyxpcomext and pydom
on developer.mozilla.org; webkit's DumpRenderTree with the --html
option, to name but a few.

there are _tons_ of options.  they're just an absolute bastard to
track down, because javascript is such a popular keyword to search
for, the results are almost useless.

l.