bibtex parsing

Paul McGuire ptmcg at austin.rr.com
Fri Oct 17 18:14:10 EDT 2008

http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/bibliograph.parsing/trunk/bibliog...
http://www.geocities.com/fiolj/bibtexparse.html
http://www.cis.udel.edu/~sprenkle/bibtex2html/bibtex2xml.py
> Despite the current licenses, I'd appreciate info on these too.
>
> Also, there was a rumor that PyParsing was to become
> part of the standard library, but I do not see it at
> http://docs.python.org/modindex.html
> False rumor?  Has anyone tried parsing BibTeX with PyParsing?
>
> Thanks,
> Alan Isaac

Visit the pyparsing wiki for all sorts of applications.  Here is
a BibTeX parser submitted by pyparsing wiki user ero-sennin:
http://pyparsing.wikispaces.com/WhosUsingPyparsing#pybtex
I don't know what the license is.

Can't help you on the rumor front though.  I should hope I'd hear
about
this sooner or later.  I'm more than willing for this to happen, but I
fear that the API includes some features that are novel to Python,
perhaps
even bordering on UnPythonic, and so may skewer any plans for stdlib
inclusion.

-- Paul