Porting VB apps to Python for Window / Linux use

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 04:34:23 EDT 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/10/19 Stef Mientki <stef.mientki at gmail.com>:
>
>> Sorry but for GUI design, Python is pre-historic ;-)
>> Stef
>>

> Really, even with the cross-platform Qt bindings?

I skipped Qt because of the weird license
(I make both commercial and free-open software)
> Can you recommend a better language? (not java no please not java)

As said VB or even much better Delphi !

But to be honest,
wanting the same language for commercial and open software,
I'm very satisfied with Python, and  must say it's much more beautiful
language than Delphi, seen over the full width of programming.
Although both languages are Object Oriented,
for some (unknown) reason it's 10 times easier to maintain and extend
libraries in Python than in Delphi.
I WOULD BE MUCH OBLIGED, IF SOMEONE CAN EXPLAIN THAT DIFFERENCE !
And with wxPython and some tools I made, I almost have the same
environment as Delphi.

cheers,
Stef