Is there a time limit for replies?

Ulrich Eckhardt eckhardt at satorlaser.com
Fri Oct 31 06:21:09 EDT 2008

Rafe wrote:
> I tried to post some follow-ups to some issues I posted in the hopes
> of helping others, but I only get "reply to author" and "forward", but
> no "reply" option (using GoogleGroups). Is there some kind of time
> limit to reply?

Two things:
1. Google Groups is by far not the best interface to the Usenet. Using a
dedicated newsserver and a real newsclient would be much much better.

2. This newsgroup is actually a mailinglist with a mail-to-news gateway
connecting it to the Usenet. Anything can happen with a mediocre newsclient
like GG and possibly wacky setups of mailclient and the gateway.

If you are interested in this group/mailinglist, get at least a real
newsclient or simply subscribe to the mailinglist itself.

cheers

Uli

--
Sator Laser GmbH