Finding the instance reference of an object

Astley Le Jasper Astley.lejasper at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 11:04:23 EDT 2008

On 16 Oct, 16:52, Carsten Haese <carsten.ha... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Astley Le Jasper wrote:
> > Sorry for the numpty question ...
>
> > How do you find the reference name of an object?
>
> > So if i have this
>
> > bob = modulename.objectname()
>
> > how do i find that the name is 'bob'
>
> Why do you need to find that? You know that its name is 'bob'.
>
> --
> Carsten Haesehttp://informixdb.sourceforge.net

I'm creating mulitple instances, putting them in a list, iterating
through the list to send them to some functions where process them
with some instance specific parameters. Something along the lines of:

bob = someobject()
harry = someobject()
fred = someobject()

parameterdict = {'bob':(0,1,2),'harry':(3,4,5),'fred':(6,7,8)}
people_list = (bob, harry, fred)

for person in people_list:
  add_parameters(person)

def add_parameters(person)
  mytuple = parameterdict[??????instance.name????]
  person.x = mytuple[0]
  person.y = mytuple[1]
  person.z = mytuple[2]

... alternatively there is probably a very much easier way of doing
it.