PyGUI as a standard GUI API for Python?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Oct 14 06:33:20 EDT 2008

On 13 Okt, 23:59, Orestis Markou <ores... at orestis.gr> wrote:
> Just want to say, thank you for a very enlightening writeup. You
> should really post this somewhere that we can link to.

Is this not good enough for you...?

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2008-October/511375.html

I don't see the Python mail archives going away soon, although there's
also the Wiki for updated and maintained documents.

Although using browser technologies for desktop applications is
interesting (and not new by any means), there are a few things with
regard to layouts which are very difficult with Web technologies (and
aren't getting any easier, either) but which are almost trivial with
classic graphical user interface toolkits, and of course there are
cases where the roles are reversed. I haven't really written any
classic GUI applications for quite some time, but I feel that it's
worth pointing this out.

Paul