Python syntax question

Daniel daniel.watrous at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 14:02:49 EDT 2008

I hope this question is OK for this list.  I've downloaded Rpyc and
placed it in my site packages dir.  On some machines it works fine, on
others not so much.

Here is one error I get when I try to import it:

>>> import Rpyc
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\Rpyc\__init__.py", line 7, in
<module>
    from Rpyc.Lib import rpyc_excepthook
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\Rpyc\Lib.py", line 65
    print("======= Remote traceback =======", file=stderr)
                                                  ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

The little carrot points to the equal sign ('=') in 'file=stderr'

What's the syntax problem?

Thanks