Need help with Wxpython

azrael jura.grozni at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 10:00:34 EDT 2008

I need to implement a tree which will append a root. Any other node in
the tree will be triggered when a button is pressed.
I created the button, all the needed events, tree and a root. But when
I want to append a node pressing the button I don't know How.

My idea is using the wx.EVT_TREE_SEL_CHANGED event somehow get The ID
or something of the selected node, so I could know Where to append the
his child. I need the ID for the appenditem method. But HOW TO GET THE
ID FOR THE PARENT.

PLEASE SOME HELP, I CAN'T FIND THE NEEDED METHOD