code critique requested - just 60 lines

Thu Oct 2 11:09:11 EDT 2008

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 07:51:30 -0700, Terrence Brannon wrote:

> Hi, I would like some feedback on how you would improve the following
> program:
> http://www.bitbucket.org/metaperl/ptc_math/src/21979c65074f/payout.py

Well, for starters, I'd say that's the WORST implementation of Quicksort
I've every seen!!!

*wink*

Seriously, the first thing I'd say is that you need to document what the
program is supposed to do! It's a bit much to expect us to guess what it
does, and then see if it does what we think it should do. What's the
purpose of the program?

> Basically, using non-strict dictionary keys can lead to bugs, so that
> worried me.

What's a "non-strict dictionary key"?

--
Steven