urllib accept-language doesn't have any effect

Martin Bachwerk martin.bachwerk at rwth-aachen.de
Thu Oct 16 06:50:28 EDT 2008

Hmm, thanks for the ideas,

I've checked the requests in Firefox one more time after deleting all
the cookies and both google.com and gizmodo.com do indeed forward me to
the German site without caring about the browser settings.

wget shows me that the server does a 302 redirect straight away.. soo..

Is there a way to pretend I'm from the US and not from wherever else? I
tried setting the X_FORWARDED_FOR header, but that doesn't seem to
work.. There must be some way to override the client IP, or?

Thanks again.
Martin