f2py Error - module crashes after several iterations...

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 10:18:26 EDT 2008

John [H2O] wrote:
> I can try, would you mind giving very brief instructions on how to 'run it
> under gdb'... thanks!

Sure. It goes something like this:

$ gdb python
GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-768) (Tue Oct  2 04:07:49 UTC 2007)
This GDB was configured as "i386-apple-darwin"...Reading symbols for shared
libraries .. done

(gdb) run my_crashing_script.py
... output from gdb
(gdb) bt
... this is the backtrace

If your program doesn't start running immediately after the run command, but
instead tells you something like this:

   Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.

do this:

   (gdb) continue

It depends on your platform, and how gdb is configured whether or not you get
this, I think. That's what I get on OS X.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco