using paramiko problem? please help me

sa6113 s.payandeh at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 08:29:30 EDT 2008

I want to connect to a Windows machine in my network , using ssh, I use
paramiko but I have problem in authentication, would you please help me?

1- I have installed freeSSHD in server machine? Is it necessery ? or may I
have to install another program?

2- I have entered server's Ip insted of hostname.Is it correct?

3- I have creat a user in server machine with a password to connect. Am I
right?

4- I use this code in clinet computer? May I need another code for server
computer?
hostname = "192.168.1.4"
username = "test"
port = 22
password = '123456'

# now connect
try:
    sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM)
    sock.connect_ex((hostname, port))
except Exception, e:
    print 'Connect failed: ' + str(e)
    traceback.print_exc()
    sys.exit(1)

t = paramiko.Transport(sock)
event = threading.Event()
t.start_client(event)
print "started client"
event.wait(15)

if not t.is_active():
    print 'SSH negotiation failed.'
    sys.exit(1)
else:
    print "SSH negotiation sucessful"

print "doing authentication"
t.auth_password(username, password, event)

event.clear()
event.wait(20)

the result is :
started client