Accessing the message of Outlook inbox

venutaurus539 at gmail.com venutaurus539 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 13:50:50 EDT 2008

On Oct 8, 8:53 pm, Mike Driscoll <kyoso... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 8, 9:24 am, venutaurus... at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >         How can I access the body of a mail in Outlook Inbox? I tried
> > various options like message.Body or message.Mesg etc. but didn't
> > work. I could get the subject of the mail using message.Subject
> > though.
>
> > Any help is appreciated.
>
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Venu
>
> Can you connect via POP3? If so, the email module should be able to
> get it. Otherwise, you'll probably have to use the PyWin32 package's
> win32com module.
>
> Google is your friend. The following links should give you a general
> idea of how to access Outlook with Python:
>
> http://cephas.net/blog/2004/09/17/sending-your-outlook-calendar-using...http://www.boddie.org.uk/python/COM.htmlhttp://www.goldb.org/goldblog/CommentView,guid,dcd1d9cd-eb1b-4590-a14...http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-win32/2007-November/006446.html
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike for your suggestion.. I am using PyWin32 package's Win32
module... I did go through those mails,, and am able to access the
Outlook inbox as they have mentioned.. but am not getting the exact
function with which I can refer the mails content ( Message of the
Body)... :-(

THank you,,
Venu.