How to Implement an XMLRPC Server in Python?

Zix saviourms at yahoo.co.in
Wed Oct 29 13:30:40 EDT 2008

Hello,
I am a newbie to python and trying to get a hang of some of its
advanced features through an application I am building. Basically, I'd
like to build a weather forecasting web service. The clients should be
able to query the service with a location and date and get back the
weather forecast.

After reading a lot on the topic I've settled on the following:
* not using any python frameworks (Django, pylons etc)
* exposing the service through an XMLRPC API using Python 2.4.3
(that's the python version on CentOS 5.2)
* using mod_wsgi ( http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/ ) instead of
mod_python

So far, I've just created the database design and been focusing on
that. But now I realize I've been procrastinating because I am not
sure how to really go about implementing this (the docs on xml rpc
python module are especially sparse). Please advice.