Python 2.6, GUI not working on vista?

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon Oct 6 22:31:06 EDT 2008

Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:

>In message <MPG.23530325d1f084f98976a at news.individual.de>, Thorsten Kampe
>wrote:
>
>> * Lawrence D'Oliveiro (Sun, 05 Oct 2008 22:13:46 +1300)

>>> Please don't be stupid!
>>
>> He's not stupid. Disabling UAC is the recommended way to get rid of
>> these problems.
>
>Disabling UAC is NOT recommended.

That depends entirely on your audience.  For developers, UAC is provably
detrimental to productivity.  I have no hesitation recommending its
disablement in that case.  As a driver developer, I use Device Manager a
LOT.  It didn't take me long to pull the plug.

Now, if you have an office floor full of secretaries and salesmen, then I
think they SHOULD be frightned if they touch the wrong buttons.
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.