What do _ast Load | Store | Del | AugLoad | AugStore | Param mean?

Eloff dan.eloff at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 13:57:36 EDT 2008

In the _ast module Attribute, Subscript, Name, List, Tuple all have an
expr_context associated with them which is defined as:

expr_context = Load | Store | Del | AugLoad | AugStore | Param

I have no idea what they mean, and what's the difference between them.
I'm porting _ast to IronPython and this is the only part I've had
difficulty understanding. The only clue I've found is that all these
expressions are unique in that they can occur in assignment context.

Any insights at all?

Thanks,
-Dan