Problem while reading an outlook in box using python.

venutaurus539 at gmail.com venutaurus539 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 02:06:45 EDT 2008

Hello,
           I was getting an error in Cocreate instance while trying to
access "Outlook" using python script. The python script looks like:

from win32com.client import Dispatch
session = Dispatch("MAPI.session")
session.Logon('OUTLOOK')  # MAPI profile name
inbox = session.Inbox

          When I tried to execute the script I got the error:

IDispatch = pythoncom.CoCreateInstance(IDispatch, None, clsctx,
pythoncom.IID_IDispatch)
com_error: (-2147221005, 'Invalid class string', None, None)

                      Can any one guide me in obtaining a solution
for  this.

Thanks in advance,
Venu.