ZSI: Classless complexType didn't get dictionary

Heston James - Cold Beans heston.james at coldbeans.co.uk
Wed Oct 15 10:00:16 EDT 2008

Guys,

I'm in need of some help. I've got an array of objects I'm trying to send to
a remote server using ZSI. I've defined my class and type codes as described
in the documentation, and I pass the module containing the class/typecode
definition into the 'typesmodule' parameter of the ServiceProxy() method.

However, when I pass an array of said objects into the method I want to call
on the remote service I get an error which simply says:

'Classless complexType didn't get dictionary'

What does this mean? It appears to be an error thrown by ZSI when it's
trying to serialize the data in my objects, I just don't get why?

If anyone can shed any light, or perhaps even just point to a decent complex
types tutorial somewhere, or some examples of your own code? I would be
greatly indebted to you.

Cheers in advance,

Heston