SimpleXmlRpcServer and character encoding

shymon shymonb at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Oct 9 06:46:53 EDT 2008

I'm using SimpleXmlRpcServer class. Although I set encoding parameter in the
constructor, I have to return all strings in default platform encoding
(windows-1250/win32 or iso-8859-2/linux in my case). When I send values in,
for example, UTF-8, string received by client is messed up.

The client is written in java using Apache XmlRpc library 2.0.

Is there any solution other than sending all string values in Base64
encoding?