Installing packages

drobinow at gmail.com drobinow at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 17:56:34 EST 2008

On Nov 13, 2:25 pm, Alan Baljeu <alanbal... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm new to Python, and just downloaded Py2.6.  I also want to use Nose.  So I downloaded the latest sources, but it's not at all clear what's the best way to put this stuff into the Python package system.  Nose supports easy_install, easy_install doesn't have an installer for Windows and Py2.6, so I think I can't use that.  (It only does 2.5 and earlier.  (Should I go to Py2.5?  Is there more support out there for that?)).
>
> Alan Baljeu
You are the second poster today concerned about the lack of setuptools
for Py2.6
All you have to do is download the setuptools source and run:
  C:\Python26\python setup.py install

You'll need a compatible compiler (Visual Studio Express 2008 works
fine) but if you're running Python on Windows you should have that
anyway or you'll forever be at the mercy of the packagers.