Extract frame from wmv

Martin mnwebmanage at westnet.com.au
Thu Nov 6 07:09:18 EST 2008

Tim Golden wrote:
> Martin wrote:
>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>>> In message <mailman.3501.1225883844.3487.python-list at python.org>, Tim
>>> Golden

>>> FFmpeg--yes!
>>
>> Unfortunately it looks like I have the same problem as I do with
>> pyglet - it's not support by my host.
>>
>> It looks like I might have to process the files locally and then
>> upload them. Painful.
>>
>> Unless anyone else has any suggestions?
>

> Well, since as far as I can see your host won't let you
> install anything which isn't there already, you're down to
> implementing a Python-only module to read a frame from a
> .wmv. Which is, I would suggest, a not inconsiderable task.
>
> Perhaps pre-filtering is the best solution after all.
>
> TJG

Thanks Lawrence and Tim,

The irony is that I already have a Python only solution - it just
requires 2.5!

I've actually worked out a way to extract and compress just the
thumbnails from my local server and upload them without having to
re-upload the video files (which took days) so I'm happy.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Martin