Simple textual calendar

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.se
Tue Nov 4 14:00:01 EST 2008

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 18:02:19 -0800 (PST), Mensanator <mensanator at aol.com> wrote:
>> <ostra.pik... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >I'm trying to write out a calendar for a year, in this form (imaginary

> Personally, I find the tradtional format
> worthless. I want to see the year represented as a single block
> of 52 weeks so I can tell at a glance how many weeks seperate
     ^^^^^^^^
Or 53 weeks.

> Mar 1 and Sep 13.

> ## program output
> ## Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
> ##           1  2  3  4     January 2009
> ##  5  6  7  8  9 10 11
> ## 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
> ## 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
> ## 26 27 28 29 30 31  1    February 2009
> ##  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
> ##  9 10 11 12 13 14 15

This is completely unrelated to Python, but damn, you are right!
Now that I see it, it's obviously better than the traditional format
you mention, the one that the Unix utility "cal -y" has used since
the 1980s or something.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.se>          R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!