How to get a directory file descriptor?

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 08:18:05 EST 2008

On Nov 26, 11:07 pm, Steve Holden <st... at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> alex23 wrote:
> > I'm pretty certain it was present under Windows XP as well.
>
> Since these two are the exact same version I presume O_DIRECTORY is not
> meaningful on Windows. Anyway, when I try to use O_RDONLY on Vista I get
> "Permission denied":

Sorry, my bad. I got the exact same "Permission denied" response when
I first tried this under XP, so I shelled to a linux box and tested
there...then promptly forgot all about it. In my defence, it was
pretty late at night when I did so :)

In fact, I can't even find a reference to O_DIRECTORY in the manual at
all...