Windows DOS box redirection

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 06:42:50 EST 2008

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 18:35:25 +0100, Stef Mientki wrote:

> Bill McClain wrote:
>> On 2008-10-31, Tim Golden <mail at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> You've got a few options.
>>>

>> Ok, thanks!
>>
>> It is a small hobbyist community. I'll just document it and tell them
>> "life is hard for Windows users."
>>
> Well I don't know any Windows users that still use DOS-boxes ;-) cheers,
> Stef
>> -Bill

Well, that is because newer Windows version (NT-family) no longer have
DOS boxes. The "black window" in NT-family Windows are command prompt and
is different from a real DOS box in previous Windows (non-NT-family).
Anyway, I do use command prompts quite regularly, usually for simple
"ping"s and other simple commands like "chkdsk", "defrag", "attrib", etc.
Yes, I do know that each of these have GUI-equivalents.