3.0rc3: 'os.extsep' gone ... ?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Nov 24 21:56:07 EST 2008

>     Martin> Not that I regret it's gone - it was a useless constant, anyway,
>     Martin> as the extension separator is '.' on all interesting systems.
>
> Except if you diff r57096 and r57097 I suspect you'll find that it was
> different in RISCOS.

I did, and interestingly enough, you won't find that. It was different
indeed - but you need to look r57116 to find out what happened to
riscospath.py (as only then, you removed the specific path module).

In any case - if the intention was that extsep is now not supported
anymore, it should have been removed from the other *path modules
as well (along with removing it from the documentation).

Regards,
Martin