pysqlite install error on hp ux (ld: Can't find library for -lpython2.5)

Benjamin Kaplan benjamin.kaplan at case.edu
Mon Nov 10 22:58:43 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 9:00 PM, Geon. <sevengeon at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hi, as far as I know.
> >
> > 1. you can use module sqlite3 instead.
> > 2. you can use these commands on ubuntu:
> >
> > sudo apt-get install libsqlite3-dev
> > sudo easy_install -Z pysqlite
>
> is possible apt-get on hp unix?
> i think apt-get is only available ubuntu linux system..

Actually, apt is available on any platform that can use dpkg and was
originally used by Debain (which Ubuntu is based off of). Using a program
called Fink, you can even get it on Mac OS X. Unfortunately, I don't think
anyone has ported dpkg to HP-UX.  HP uses their own package manager instead.
The Ubuntu instructions were probably meant as a guide. There are several
different package management systems, and the commands are usually pretty
similar. I don't think many people on this list use HP-UX, so we don't know
the specific instructions and package names for your system.