2.6, 3.0, and truly independent intepreters

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Fri Nov 7 07:47:15 EST 2008

On Nov 7, 11:46 am, Paul Boddie <p... at boddie.org.uk> wrote:

> As far as I can tell, he wants to keep the data in one place and just
> pass a pointer around between execution contexts.

This would be the easiest solution if Python were designed to do this
from the beginning. I have previously stated that I believe the lack
of a context pointer in Python's C API is a design flaw, albeit one
that is difficult to change.

If the alternative is to rewrite the whole CPython interpreter, I
would say it it easier to try a proxy object design instead (either
using multiprocessing or an outproc ActiveX object).