Avoiding local variable declarations?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Nov 13 18:40:28 EST 2008

In article <482bf887-b7f3-4528-badd-3605d7628881 at f40g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,
dpapathanasiou  <denis.papathanasiou at gmail.com> wrote:

>I come from a functional programming school of thought, where you
>avoid local variable declarations if at all possible.

Python is *so* not a functional programming language.  There are a number
of functional programming features available, but trying to push your
Python programs into primarily a functional style will result in
significantly poorer Python programs.  Find another language if
functional programming is critical to your style.

--Bill Harlan