Ping monitor - monitor ip in the background?

ScottZ mylists at pinesalad.net
Sun Nov 2 05:47:43 EST 2008

Andrey - Thank you very much for the example.
Is something missing after the def start(self): or should def run(): not
be there?
I think I understand the idea your showing though and working on
adapting it.
Again thanks!

Jorgen - yes that is very true in regards to the *nix comment.
I will change that comment to "for my *nix environment" to be more
precise in the future.

It was posted as an example of what I'm doing rather than a global ping
solution for all.
I deploy an alternative set of common tools (ping being one of them)
amongst our various platforms so the options in this case isn't an issue
for me.

A built in ping method would be better was being looked into but wanted
to get this part finished first.

Thanks