Python 2.5 and sqlite

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 15:23:54 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Thorsten Kampe
<thorsten at thorstenkampe.de> wrote:
> * "Martin v. Löwis" (Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:54:37 +0100)
>> > Sqlite3 is an optional part of Python. It has no dependencies on
>> > SQLite.
>>
>> That's not true. To build the _sqlite3 module, you need the SQLite3
>> sources or binaries, in addition to the Python sources.
>
> That's not what I meant: the question is, do you need SQLite /after/
> you've built from source or if you install the Python binary.

Is that some form of tricky question ? The binary package either comes
with the sqlite lib, or in the case of linux distributions, the
package requires the installation of sqlite lib. If you try removing
the sqlite lib package (in Linux), the package manager will tell you
that python depends on it.

> Thorsten
> --

-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves