how to call this dll in python

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Mon Nov 3 03:22:56 EST 2008

Shark schrieb:
> I have a windows dll1.dll with a export function:
>
> int f1(char filename,char **buf,int *bufLen)
> {
> int len;
> //got the length of file anyway,such as 100
> len = 100;//len = getLen(filename);
> *buf = (char*)calloc(100);
> *bufLen = len;
> return 0;
> }
>
> then how can I call the f1 function with python.
> thanks for your response.

If the above is *really* what you want to access from python, you
shouldn't bother & write it new in python itself. You could either use

bufLen = len(open(filename).read())

or make a os.stat-call.

If it serves only as a rather ugly illustrative example, then you should
investigate the ctypes-module of python, which is made for accessing
arbitrary dlls from python.

Diez