Django or TurboGears or Pylons? for python web framework.

Sells, Fred fred.sells at adventistcare.org
Fri Nov 7 12:43:06 EST 2008

I use Flex (from adobe) for the client side and turbogears for the
server side and pass xml or json in between.  It gives you a Flash
client which is very Sexy and browser independent and very simple
turbogears code in Python.
Flex is essentially open source, but the IDE is about $295, although
there are multiple ways of getting it for free, including a 30 day eval.
The IDE is an Eclipse plugin, and is well worth the $$$ if you decide to
go that way.

<billg3000 at hos.twgg.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Senior,
>
> Hi
>
> > There was a case for web site that will be public to Internet for
me. I
> > like
> > python so I do not consider the use of Ruby on Rails.
>
> Excellent choice :)
>
> > I searched more web framework of python from Google. The good
solution
> > just
> > only there are Django, TurboGears and Pylons.
>
> I would recommend web2py [1].
>
> > Just from my preferences, I want to use Django but the AJAX support
will
> > be
> > a problem. Also I need to select a JavaScript framework and lean it,
> > maybe
> > JQuery, mootools or other. And I can not write python as it is
written
> in
> > general javascript. I need to learn a different syntax.
>
> It supports (and comes with) jquery, has awesome ajax integration.
>
> > TurboGears or Pylons, I am worried that the issue of performance
because
> > CherryPy.
>
> I have read (somewhere - I can't find the link now, you can probably
> google it) that it runs as fast or faster than django (and some other
> frameworks).
>
> > Could everybody give me a hand for your select? Django or Turbegears
or
> > Pylons? and Why?
>
> For Django VS web2py see [2]
> For Turbogears VS web2py see [3]
>
> > If Django, how to do Ajax support for you? and why?
>
> For info on web2py and ajax see [4].
>
> Also web2py supports SQLite, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, FireBird and
Oracle