install wxPython on windows without admin?

timw.google tjandacw at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 15:06:44 EST 2008

On Nov 17, 9:57 am, Steve Holden <st... at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> timw.google wrote:
> > The subject line says it all. Is there a way to install wxPython on a
> > Windows machine without admin privs? I love the way python doesn't
> > need admin to install locally, and I'd like to try wxPython w/o having
> > to get our help desk involved.
>
> > Do I have to compile it from source with Cygwin?
>
> Installing wxPython on Cygwin from source is an uphill battle which I
> would recommend against, though it's possible it's been done ...
>
> regards
>  Steve
> --
> Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119
> Holden Web LLC              http://www.holdenweb.com/

I agree with that. After I posted, I went to install wxPython on my
linux box and ran into trouble with getting wxWidgets installed
because of gtk version issues. I did it before, but since then our OS
has changed from FC3 to CentOS 5 and not everything gets installed
that needs to be.  I may try and get back to it when I get the chance,
but for now, it's Tkinter and Pmw.