segfault matplotlib with Python2.6

Magdoll magdoll at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 18:35:42 EST 2008

I just compiled all of these from source. I'm installing them on
school Linux servers (most of them Fedora or RedHat I think), which
means I don't have root permission, so I basically have to install
everything under my home directory and hope that nothing
conflicts....most things worked up until now. Matplotlib installed
with no errors, but plotting attempts failed.

I'm a bit reluctant to go back to Python2.5, even though that would
probably solve all my compatibility issues, but I have started using
new syntax in Python2.6. When I first tried matplotlib with Python2.6
and it failed, I just went for gnuplot and it worked. But now I'm
using networkx which means plotting graphs requires matplotlib.

Thanks,
Magdoll