Convert hexadecimal characters to ascii

Durand durand1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 19:41:59 EST 2008

Wow, I didn't expect so many responses! Thanks! I will have to try out all
those solutions when I have access to my computer.. What I meant was that
when the string was printed onto a text file, it showed lots of boxes that
are usually associated with unknown characters...When I tried to work out
what the boxes were caused by, I found that there were random characters in
my text...So basically, I need the text to just be clean of anything silly
looking and for some reason printing to a file doesn't remove the characters
which really messed up the output.

This is an example of what I get: http://durand.zephyrhosting.net/tremcs/
Look at the top of the page under "Stats for..." The really weird thing is
that it only happens with some strings and I have no idea how to predict
which ones.

Thanks again! I will let you know of the outcomes.