web site feedback page using python for sending email

Philip Semanchuk philip at semanchuk.com
Fri Nov 14 23:09:29 EST 2008

On Nov 14, 2008, at 1:48 PM, KAM.covad wrote:

> Here is a great reference: http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/staticpages/index.php?page=gypsymail
>
> However, the code will not work for an SMTP site like gmail that
> requires authentication. Anyone know of a site that has that code?
> I am a nube with python and am looking for a way to learn as well as
> make something useful.
>
> I sent an email to the web site some time ago, but I guess they are
> not supporting it anymore.

Hi Ken,
If the script is old and unsupported, I'd steer clear of it. Many
older email form handlers are vulnerable to SMTP header injection. I'm
not familiar with a script that will do what you want, but I haven't
looked, either. Just make sure that whatever you end up using is
fairly current.

Good luck
Philip