Looking for a nitty-gritty Python Ajax middleware script to fire off a number of processors

Larry Bates larry.bates at vitalEsafe.com
Sun Nov 9 16:09:18 EST 2008

Shao wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am looking for a nitty-gritty Python Ajax script to fire off a
> number of processing programmes, periodically checking their
> operations, sending messages back to an HTML div form by sending back
> the links of generated data files, to be downloaded by end users. I am
> using .NET IIS 6.0 and Windows Server.
>
> Regards.
>
> Shao

What you are asking requires so much more information than you have provided to
actually give you an answer I doubt you will get one.  This is NOT a simple task
but rather quite complicated.  Sounds like you need something written in Twisted
that dispatches background processes and handles the callbacks from those
processes.  Twisted Web could then update the HTML pages that users are watching
by refreshing them periodically.

-Larry